Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Kim: Day 1

2 years ago we set off on the adventure we called THALAMAC as a group of 4 and loved every minute of it.  3 of us decided we needed a sequel to THALAMAC and today we embarked on our next adventure - Sister Act 2 - Searching out Sunsets (SOS) - 16 days on the road from TX through parts of OK, KS, CO, UT, AZ and NM before returning to TX...Feel free to follow us as we attempt to capture the good, the bad and the ugly. I plan to leave most of the writing to the youngsters and do what I do best - take pictures! us

San Antonio to Amarillo - Today brought us to Lubbock where I started my college career at Texas Tech, and Palo Duro Canyon before landing us in Amarillo for the night. I've been singing a little George Strait all day

On the road again-ready to rock and roll.





A stop to stretch our legs -Ballinger TX

Next stop Texas Tech University where I started my college career - it hasn't changed much since '88-'90



Onto other fun stops in Lubbock -Rocking at the Buddy Holly Center and Prairie Dog Town




Our last stop of the day was Palo Duro Canyon where we enjoyed the beauty of the second largest canyon in the US as dusk fell over the area and a storm rolled in.





And last but not least, the last pic of the day, because, after all, we are seaking out sunsets!


No comments:

Post a Comment